Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Saturday, November 24, 2012


Dear Family,


They don't give us tons of time to do email here at the MTC they usually like to keep us pretty busy, even on P-day. I'm going to have to keep this a little bit brief because of that, but I will make sure to answer all the questions you send me.


1.        HOW WAS THE FLIGHT FROM LONDON TO SOUTH AFRICA?  DID YOU HAVE MORE ROOM? WERE YOU ABLE TO SLEEP?

 

    My flight to South Africa went well but I didn't get a lot of sleep because we would hit turbulence every few hours. One of the times we got into some turbulence it was awful and I thought that I was seriously going to die, I spent like 10 minutes praying that i wouldn't die, and everyone around me were throwing up. None of us missionaries got any sleep that ride except for one elder who is in the army is used to turbulence. Needless to say when we got to the MTC all of us were exhausted.

2.      HOW IS THE FOOD AT THE MTC?


   The food is good but they put us on rations. We usually get a main course and a side, (with breakfast you can also get cereal) but we can't get more than 2nd's. It's kind of funny because to me it's just regular food but my companion thinks it’s the greatest food ever.

3.       WHEN DO YOU GET TO GO TO THE TEMPLE? 

 
   Temple trips are on Tuesdays. We already went once, and 6 people went to get their own endowments. Most of the people who live far away from any temple came for the first time, and were also able to do baptisms for their grandparents or uncles. It was a cool experience for them. A lot of people also came without a patriarchal blessing and so the MCT president did it for them.

4.      ARE YOU ALL IN ONE BIG DISTRICT/CLASS?
 

   We are in two districts and one zone. In my district there are 6 people and in the other there are eight.

5.      WHAT IS THE SCHEDULE FOR A TYPICAL DAY AT THE MTC?

    Saturday is P-day/Proselyte day, Tuesday is temple day, and Sunday we spend a lot of time watching church videos, but on a regular day we mostly just sit in classes or teach. Yesterday we taught real people (we usually teach our instructors) and one of the people that me and my companion taught was a real investigator. I think we did really well, the spirit was extremely strong as we taught and we did a good job of helping her resolve her issues.

6.      WHAT DAY DO YOU LEAVE FOR UGANDA?  DO HAVE YOU FLIGHT INFORMATION YET?


   I leave on the 2nd of November, don't have any other information yet though.

 

Love you guys- Elder Grilliot

P.S. I sent a hand written letter to home this week for Sarah and Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment