Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas 2012



Dear Family and Friends,




   This has been a very good week. I'm really starting to feel like I'm well adjusted to Uganda now. The heat is still a bit too much most days but I'm getting more and more used to it each day. By the end of this transfer I'm going to be more Ugandan than American.
    I had a great Christmas. My companion baked sugar cookies and we rode around town wearing Santa hats, delivering them to all of our investigators. It was pretty funny to watch people's reactions as they saw a couple of white guys ride down the road in red and white velvet hats. Then Christmas night I got to be able to call/ Skype my family which was pretty sweet. It was nice to hear about their Christmas and all of their recent adventures.
    This week has also been surprisingly productive considering how many people had left town for Christmas. We broke our old record of eight lessons in a day, by getting ten. By the end of the day I was so tired I almost didn't make it to my bed. It felt really good to be able to be that productive.




Love,


Elder Grilliot





Typical Home in Lira 

An investigators home they built themselves 



Skyping with Family on Christmas Day




1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Elder Grilliot. Glad you were able to skpe with family. WOW 10 lessons, that's a missionaries dream. I bet you were tired after that day. Love your posts.

    ReplyDelete