Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Monday, June 10, 2013

Helping Jimmy Pick Peppers

            This week I've learned about the importance of Being Christlike. We met a guy named Jimmy this week who owns a bunch of chili pepper plants, and as we were out going to an appointment we saw him picking his peppers. Elder Cobabe and I decided to stop and talk to him, but he seemed pretty uninterested in listening to us so we got up and went to our scheduled appointment. After that appointment though we passed by the the same guy as before and I had a strong prompting to stop and help him in his garden. So we went up to him and we asked if he would like any help picking chili peppers, and we spent the next hour in the sun helping him pick peppers. After that hour I told him that we had to get going but we thanked him for the opportunity to do service. As I picked myself up and started walking away we heard him call to us "Wait, hold on a second. I feel like you guys have something important to tell me". To which we replied "Yes we do". From there we taught him and his wife the pure doctrine of Christ and they accepted to be baptized. I'm so glad that our simple service was able to soften his heart the way that it did. I'm also so glad that I was able to listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost in the moments that I needed to.

           Next week is transfer news, and there's a very good chance of me leaving Lira. It will be interesting to see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this blog. My son just got assigned to this mission, and this blog is a great comfort to us.

    ReplyDelete