Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Monday, July 1, 2013

Success in Seeta

     The longer my mission has carried on, the more I have realized the importance of obedience and hard work. My work ethic is totally different than when I first started my mission. Seeta is known for being a difficult area to work in but my companion and I have actually been having tons of success here. I have a larger teaching pool now than I think I have had my entire mission.
     There are a ton of Less-Actives in Seeta right now. I don't know where any of them stay (no one has addresses out here) but our branch has over a 150 people who are members and our average sacrament attendance is about 60 people.
      It's much cooler here in Seeta and there is always a strong breeze running through it as well. I miss the quietness of Lira but at the same time it's nice to be near the city. On P-day you can go into Kampala and go to a real supermarket (like Shop-rite, or Uchume, or some other African supermarket). It's also different to be in a much bigger zone as well. It's the biggest zone in the whole mission with about 14 missionaries in it. Zone activities are lots of fun though (like today we played capture the flag.

      I haven't met the new mission president yet but I'm hoping to meet him this upcoming week. All I know about him is that he's super tall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment