Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Dinner Appointments Every Night in Gulu!!

   This has been a great week for myself. Gulu is a blessed place. I have never seen on my mission what I have seen here. First of all. We have a dinner appointment every night. EVERY NIGHT! I normally am lucky if I can get 2 in a month. The members love to feed the missionaries, and we are always being fed by members. Another thing is that the members are constantly giving us referrals. In this last week alone we received 19 member referrals. That's a new record for me. I have never seen so many cool members before. There are a ton of young single adults in Gulu as well (there are like 7 or 8 that are preparing for a mission) that always are working with us to see investigators. There is no shortage of members to work with us or to fellowship the investigators. The people here are so humble and nice.
This is so unlike any area that I have served in until now.
   I am also feeling much more comfortable with my driving now. Today for P-day we drove about an hour and a half to Murchison falls national park (I went there last year when I was serving in Lira). The drive was really rugged (the road has tons of pot holes and it's really narrow), but I drove it pretty well.    Don't worry about the driving. I'm being safe and obeying every rule regarding the vehicle. The lord will protect me so long as I obey Him.
   This last Sunday we had 2 baptisms. One of them was the wife to the branch's Sunday School president. The other was the younger brother to the branch mission leader. It was a really nice baptismal service, and afterwards we had dinner with the Sunday School president and his newly baptized wife. They cooked us a really nice meal which consisted of fried pork, cabbage, and cassava (kind of like a potato). It was some of the nicest pork I've ever eaten.
   Don't know what else to talk about, but just want yall to know that I love ya, and care about ya. Take care!
-Elder Grilliot

No comments:

Post a Comment