Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Monday, October 6, 2014

P-Day in Entebbe

   This has been a rewarding week. We've got a lot of work done, and I'm pretty satisfied with how things are going in Kajjansi. Today for P-day our whole zone went to the beach in Entebbe, it was pretty fun. We played beach volleyball and soccer. Afterwards we went to KFC (they just opened one in Entebbe).
   DAD, that's cool that the missionaries back home are teaching a Congolese, they are really spiritual people. There's a reason why they are about to get a temple in the DRC. There's a cool story my mission pres. told me about a state formed in a village in Congo. It's kinda long though, so I'll have to tell you about it when I get home. The people of DRC are supper awesome though. There's a place in Kampala named Makinde where all of the refugees from the DRC go. In Makinde Ward there's like 50 Congolese, and everyone who serves in that ward just talks about how awesome the Congolese are. If the missionaries convert that Congolese guy make sure they get referrals from him. One cool thing about the Congolese is that once they find something good, they share it with everyone.
   I'll listen to conference my last Saturday and Sunday in Uganda. I'm really looking forward to it.
   Yes! please bring a thick coat when you guys pick me up. I would appreciate that. We may have to go clothes shopping when I get back too. I don't know what I have back home that will fit me...
   I'm doing well right now. Though I'm anticipating going home a lot. My comp and I made a goal in weekly planning though that I won't talk about home this week and if I do then he gets to hit me on the shoulder. I think it will help. I'm pretty focused on the work though, and I'm still working hard.
   Love you guys have a great week.
-Elder Grilliot

No comments:

Post a Comment