Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

P-Day Fun

     This has been a nice week for me. Things have been moving slowly recently though. Probably just because this is the last week before transfer news, and it's very likely for me to leave Seeta this transfer. My companion and I have still worked hard this last week though, but I feel a little bit more tired than usual. I don't know whats going to happen with transfers (until tomorrow) but most likely I will leave and go somewhere else and my companion will stay here in Seeta. I've felt like I've done a lot of Good here in Seeta. I've baptized lots of good people here and I'm going to miss them if I leave.
    Last P-day was pretty awesome. We have a member of our church (named Ronald) move away from Seeta to a new home in a place called Numugunga (I think that's how you spell it) It's near to a town called Lugazi. But last P-day we went to his new place which is out in the Jungle. It was awesome. We hiked up to the top of a nearby hill in the jungle and looked out at all of Uganda. It was a sweet view. We even got to see monkeys and these killer ants too. Then one of Ronald's friends who live out there had told Ronald that if he brings white people to his place that he would give us all the jack fruit that we want (because this guy has never met white people up close). So Ronald took us to this guy and we ate a ton of fruit until we couldn't eat any more. It was a fun P-day. I'll see if I can send some pictures.
    This P-day was also pretty awesome. We had a zone activity and we all went to an amusement park called wonder world. Even though they only had three working rides, it was still pretty cool. One was the bumper cars (they only had three working cars), they had a ride that was like giant swings that spun around in a circle. and then they had this big pirate ship that you sat in and then it would swing back and forth like a giant pendulum. It was fun to watch the African missionaries ride the rides because many of them had never ridden amusement park rides before and it was a new level of Excitement for them. We were the only people in the whole park too which was kinda cool.

     Thanks for each of your emails and for all the love that you send my was each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment