Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Monday, February 17, 2014

NO WATER

   This last week went pretty nicely. My companion and I had a baptism this last week. The whole city of Lugazi has been out of water for the last 2 or 3 days though so we had to take the baptism to the chapel in Mukono (about a 45 min taxi ride). My companion, myself, our branch president, the baptismal candidate, and her fellow shipper all got into a taxi to Mukono to perform the ordnance there. It was a really nice baptism though, it was the first time I've had a baptism in an actual chapel, rather than in a dumpster filled with water behind our meeting house.
   And yes, Lugazi has been out of water for the last 2 and a half days. We have 3 or 4 jerrycans filled with water in our garage, that we have been using so that we can take bucket showers. We have also had to buy a lot of bottled water this last weekend, which hurt our wallets a bit. I don't know when water will come back on, but I hope that it comes back soon.
  It has been a pretty decent week thus far, and I have high hopes for next week as well. 
Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment