Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Monday, February 10, 2014

Lesson Learned: Stay out of the Gutter!!

    Since I have reached Lugazi I have not yet had any baptisms, but we should have our first baptism this upcoming Sunday. We've had a lot of disappointment since I gotten here as far as investigators go: people who were golden investigators becoming too busy for us to teach them mostly. In Lugazi that seems to be one of the biggest challenges that I have experienced. Most people who live in Lugazi work either in Kampala or at Jinja. It's a long bus ride in either direction. Most people leave for work at around 6 or 7 in the morning and get back at around 9 or 10 pm. It's extremely difficult to find the time to teach them that will help them to progress. But in any case we are trying new things to see if we can find more people who have more time on their hands.
   The water that we use for the sacrament is bottled water. Like the bread they have to buy the water for the sacrament. So I have never had to worry about the water being impure.
  
I know that it's been 2014 for a while but it feels so strange that it is that year. The year 2013 flew by so fast, I almost feel like it didn't exist. That plus being in Africa and on a mission, I have absolutely no clue as to what happened during that year in the outside world, or what is going on currently. In a way that's good though because it helps me to focus on my calling, rather than what is going on in the rest of the world.
   This week has been pretty nice. It started off a bit rough though. On Tuesday when I was walking I fell into one of the gutters on the side of the road (not like our gutters back home, but it's like a 1.5 to 3 feet drop, with rocks and trash at the bottom) and cut up my leg pretty badly. I also punctured a large whole in the front of my shoe as well. But I got it figured out. I took it to a cobbler today and they superglued a piece of rubber to the front and then sowed it to my shoe with string. It looks pretty ghetto but it gets the job done. The rest of the week went by pretty smoothly, though.
   Good to hear that the family is doing good. Nice to hear from everyone.

-Love Elder Grilliot

No comments:

Post a Comment