Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Friday, May 23, 2014

Child Named "Grilliot" in Uganda

   This week I didn't have a lot of time to work in my area. We had transfers this week (I have a new companion) and so for much of this week I wasn't able to work as effectively as I wish that I could have done.
   My new companion is a good guy. He's still adjusting to Uganda and stuff (he's been in Ethiopia his whole mission until now) but he's a boss. He's a smart guy and quick learner. I think that I will get along with him well.
   Good news to all of the Grilliot familly. There is now a child in Uganda that shares the Grilliot name. His name is Otim Grilliot, named after the legendary Elder Grilliot. We were teaching a family, and the daughter-in-law to the familly had a child recently. A few weeks back I jokingly asked her to name the child Grilliot, and she said that she would. So now there is a Ugandan who holds the same name as us.
   It's been a good week, although a hectic one. But I had some very good experiences this last week to uplift me. I'm happy with where I am right now, and I am learning alot right now.
Love you guys!

Letter to Dad
My new companion is pretty good. He's served in Ethiopia his whole mission so it's interesting to learn about all the differences between Uganda and Ethiopia. He's a good spirited guy, and I think that I'll get along well with him.
   There were no other changes in the zone. Our zone is doing really well right now so I don't think that the mission president felt that many changes were necessary.

   When we hold zone meetings we all meet at either the couple missionaries home, or else at the nearest church meeting house (which is like a 5 min walk away from our home). We usually hold a zone meeting once a week, but we work a lot with our district leader to organize them and stuff. It doesn't take too much preparation, but there is preparation that is needed.

-Elder Grilliot

No comments:

Post a Comment