Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Monday, May 5, 2014

A Great Week Mother's Day Call


   For Mothers day I was thinking that I would just call. I can skype you guys from a couple missionaries home, but It would be for 30 min, and I would not be able to call afterwards. I don't think that I would be able to connect to Rick/Mimi if I did that. (BTW calling this time will only be for 30-40 min, they have changed the rules this time)
   The war in South Sudan is pretty bad from what I hear. Every now and then I hear a story about the war and some of the things going on there, but I don't hear too much. There are no permanent missionaries up there but there is one pair of senior couples that go's there once every few months to check on the branch there (I hear in Juba the fighting is not too bad now). The small branch there is still meeting every Sunday, and it is still functioning well. They have an average sacrament attendance of about 50 people. They have two missionaries from their branch serving right now (both of them in Ghana).
   My home in Gulu is like this: You go down Gulu Lira rd, untill you reach a road called upper church hill road. turn right on upper church hill road and it is the first house on the road. There are 7 identical homes in the same compound. mine is the home farthest from the road, in the back left corner.


This is going to be a great week. At the end of this week. I will call home (mothers day), watch General Conference, and we are planning to have 6 baptisms on Sunday. It is also the last week of the transfer so just in case myself or my companion leaves, the members have volunteered themselves to feed us dinner (and some even lunch). We have meal appointments with members all week long which is awesome. If I'm not careful Gulu will make me become Fat.
   Since I am calling my parents at the end of this week I won't write too much, but things are going well.

-Elder Grilliot

No comments:

Post a Comment