Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Monday, August 18, 2014

Built a House


   Sorry no adventures this week. except I accidentally cut my thumb while cutting tomatoes this week. That was about the extent of my adventures this week. Don't know what else to tell you about. We did some service projects this week though. One of them was weeding (which is a lot easier to do than in the US because the ground is super soft here), and in the other we helped build someones home. To help build the home we used bricks and mud and just built the home. just like that. The mud was used as cement (their mud is super strong) and the bricks were used as bricks. (ha) Then they put plaster over everything after the mud dried so that it would endure the elements. Apparently a house like the one I helped build can last up to 40 years. The end!
   With 6 missionaries in Gulu branch my proselyting is a bit smaller than it was before, but I suppose that it works to my benefit because my area was massive before. The way that we split the boundaries of the areas most of the people that I have baptized in the last 6 months that I've been in Gulu are now in a different set of missionaries proselyting area, but that's alright with me, I now get a chance to build up the church in a different side of Gulu.
   This week has been fair, We've started teaching some cool new people. There's this one guy were teaching who we are helping to get off of cigarettes. He's making some really nice progress right now, and he gave us a referral to a family who are actually married properly!
   Things are going well in the missionary work. Love you guys.

-Elder Grilliot

   Attached is a picture of what we call a goondy bird. The bag on it's neck can stretch to be about 3 ft long and is full of acid. The goondy bird eats anything it finds, including and especially garbage.
People say that it can even eat human babies. They are everywhere in Uganda, they are more it's national bird that the crane is for it's sheer population. They are extremely ugly birds. Just though that you would be interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment