Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Monday, August 4, 2014

Sad Goodbye and Staying in Gulu

Expounding doctrine to the wild pygmy people.



My district that I'm in plus some loyal members, in front of the church.




A lot of stuff has happened this last week. In Gulu we have a pair of Senior Couples that are here to train the leaders, and support the branches. The last two weeks the husband was having some really bad back problems, so last week when I went down to Kampala we took him with us so that he could get some x-rays. But a few days after he reached Kampala the problems with his back escalated and he and his wife had to end their mission and go back so that he could get back surgery. When we returned back to Gulu we helped the wife pack everything up and run her last few errands. We drove her halfway down to Kampala (to Merchisine falls national park) where there were some people who work in the mission office waiting to take her the other half of the way. It was pretty sad to see them go.
   Today we got transfer news, and for myself this was a big transfer news. I really want to finish my mission here in Gulu, but where ever I go this transfer will determine where I spend the remainder of my mission most likely. I get the transfer news, and it turns out that I'm staying, but they are adding 2 more missionaries in Gulu (that makes 10 in total) and I'm going to be in a companionship with my Zone Leader Companion. On top of that, we (my comp and I) get to live in the empty Senior couple's home! It is an incredibly nice home; it was furnished and preserved for senior couples. Gulu branch has 6 missionaries in it now, so that will be a nice adjustment. The two new missionaries coming into Gulu are Elders who were serving in Sierra Leone but have been taken out because of the outbreak of Ebola in West Africa (The Have taken out every missionary serving in Sierra Leone and Liberia). They both are going to finish their mission from Uganda, and they are both Ugandans by birth and nationality.
   I'm excited for what this next transfer will bring. It should be good.
Love you guys, have a great week
-Elder Grilliot

   Haha, ya I don't care about the smart water anymore mom. I just really miss your cooking! But please don't worry yourself about the ebola thing mom. West Africa is hundreds of miles away, And you never meet west Africans in Uganda, Let alone Gulu. Don't worry yourself, West Africa is like on a different Continent from East Africa. I can assure you that I won't freak out about moths anymore either.
  Love you mom. Don't worry I will return safe

   Ya the 9th of November is fine for the homecoming.  When I went to Kampala the other week I found that I will be coming home on the 31st of October (While you'll be eating your Halloween treat, I'll be sitting in an Airplane seat). Don't have much more info than that.
   Really I don't need anything for my birthday. Maybe some cash in my personal fund would be nice, but other than that I don't need anything.
   Love you mom!
-Elder Grilliot



No comments:

Post a Comment