Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Monday, November 25, 2013

Transfer to Lugazi

     Today I received transfer news, and it came as a very big surprise to me. I am finally being transferred again. This time to Lugazi. It is the newest area right now in the whole mission. It's been open for a little less than a year but it's growing pretty quickly. I'm excited to go there. My new companion is going to be Elder Alfred (I think he's form South Africa), and I'll be in a home with two other missionaries as well.
     I got a new camera this week. It works well but it's having some problems with battery charger they gave me, So I'm going to have to buy a new battery charger this week before I can take more pictures. But otherwise the camera works really well. It was made by this strange Chinese company but so far it works fine and all. I'll be sending pictures this next week to you guys.
     This week we found a bunch of less-actives. Like 6 or 7 of them. Some of them will be easy to reactivate (like a lady named Lovisa who basically told us that she stopped coming because her friend that she had at church moved away, and she felt lonely at church without a friend(she just needs a friend at church and then I'm sure she will come again)). But some I feel will be difficult (like a guy name Dennis who was seriously offended by something the Elders Quorum president had said, so he left the church and joined a born again church). However, there are some really nice things about trying to reactivate people. These people they already know the gospel, they just need to feel the spirit again and feel loved again.
     I wonder how things will be in Lugazi. Because of how new the branch is, I don't imagine that there could be too many less-actives there, I imagine that there would be a big need for new members. But I guess that we will see soon enough.
     Anyway, love you guys. Enjoy your week.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment