Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas in Uganda

In 3 days I'll be calling home so I won't make this email too long.
   It's been a nice week thus far as I have been trying not to think too much about Christmas. We've already been invited to eat at several peoples homes. Christmas in Uganda is much different from back home. I would compare a Ugandan Christmas Much more with an American Thanksgiving. Not too many gifts given out or anything like that, (although on occasion they do if they have some excess money that time of year) no Santa or his flying reindeer, and no Christmas tree with the fancy lights. Just lots and lots and lots of food. Chicken is the most common thing to eat on Christmas here, but sometimes there will be Turkey, or pork. They also eat plenty of Motoke (it's like a steamed banana), Posho (I don't even know how to describe Posho) and rice. The whole family gets together and then feasts on this special time of year. And of coarse lots of people get drunk on this day of celebration.

  Anyway Enjoy your Christmas Celebrations. For those of you in my immediate family, I talk to you on Wednesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment