Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Monday, January 27, 2014

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

 This week has been a pretty nice one. I've been working hard and I feel like we are really preparing the souls of the people around us to have the restored gospel in their lives. Don't have a lot of words to share with you guys but they say that a picture is worth a thousand words. So I'll just send a few thousand words attached to this email.

Enjoy!

 pic. 1- The Mountain



pic 2- behind me you can see my whole area that I work in

pic 3- me and some waterfalls




pic 4- I was feeling lonely

pic 5- A little slice of heaven



pic 6- Some Ugandan Children


Yes I think that I got a package from Craig and Maria... It was either from them or from Grandma/ Grandpa Weber. I did get a letter from them too.
No I'm not homesick. I really love the missionary work and everything like that. I'm not trunky, missing the family and stuff. I will miss missionary work a lot when I'm finished. But receiving American food in a giant package is bound to remind you that living in a third world country for two years is not easy. I've never been homesick or trunky my whole mission. I just miss the luxuries of the first world. (Speaking of which do you guys still know if you are going to come down and visit Uganda at the end of my mission? My mission president wants to make sure that you are still planing on it so that he can get approval from the area seventy).
I really Like the area. We have a few things going well in our area right now. I also really enjoy the companion, He's a goofball (in a good way) and we get along really well.
It was only the Kampala Stake that saw David A. Bednar. About half the mission (those serving in Kampala) got to see him. The other half only got to hear stories of his power and authority. I was one of those unlucky missionaries that missed out of seeing him.

No comments:

Post a Comment