Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Monday, September 8, 2014

Teaching English class with Elder Frakes

   Thanks for all of the birthday wishes, from family and friends. I love you guys. To be honest it's hard to believe that I'm 21 years old, but I'm excited to know that I am finally old enough to drink. My birthday was on a fast Sunday, so I didn't really do anything too outrageous, but the day before my B-day, I started my fast at a fancy restaront called Cafe Hut. I ate a nice juicy hamburger and a banana smoothy.
   The companion that I have right now is a cool guy named Elder Frakes. We get along well, but the problem is that we are only a month from apart from each other on mission. It gets pretty tempting to talk about home with him from time to time. Just gotta keep on pushing though.
   My comp and I have been teaching an English class for the last month or so. We have a few students that come every week and are making some very nice progress. We intended it to help us find more investigators, but so far only like 2 have come since it started, but It's a nice experience for myself. Perhaps eventually it will pick up steam.
   We found a nice family this week. They are from the central part of Uganda (near Kampala) and live in Gulu for work. They are very humble and nice. The man is like 50 yrs old and his wife is like 27 but they get along really well. Very nice couple. and very smart as well. Hope that things go well for them.
   Love you guys, have a great week!

-Elder Grilliot

No comments:

Post a Comment