Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Monday, March 17, 2014

Blessings of Having Faith

   Been a pretty nice week. Lots of rain that has been attacking us this last week. It is strange to me, when I was at home I loved the cold weather and would wear shorts in 40 degree weather, but here when it rains and the temperature drops below 70 I start shivering. I'm afraid of how my body is going to react when I get home at the beginning of November. I hope that I don't freeze to death.
   My comp and I are doing pretty well this last week. He was sick on Saturday but besides that we have been working diligently and seen the blessings that come from it. The mission had a fast this last week, and I have really seen the blessings that come from such things. We found like 3 complete families this last week, with stable jobs and stable working hours (which in Lugazi has previously been a challenge to find). My testimony in faith has grown this last week. I have been able to see first-hand how faith is much more than just a passive belief, but rather it is shown in your actions, behavior, and attitude.
   We are teaching a nice family that we found this last week, where the father of the home works with our branch president (the branch president is his supervisor). It was a nice little suprise that when we trackted into his home he read our name tags and then told us that he is working with someone from our same church. I have good hopes for this family, unfortunately though the wife's mother just passed away on Friday, and they had to go to her village for the burial. I hope that teaching them that families can be together forever will give them more hope and faith in the restoration.
   Love you guys, have a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment