Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Elder Grilliot in Uganda

Monday, March 24, 2014

Walking and Weight Lifting

    Lugazi is pushing onward. The work is continuing
   We have managed to progress some excellent people this last week. and we are working on some families as well. We have several people that we are working on now and I'm pretty happy with what has been accomplished this last week. This is the last week of the transfer, and based on how things are looking right now I hope that I stay so that I can see some of these people get baptized.
   As Lugazi is a new branch there are several things that I get to do here that I normally wouldn't get to do in most other settings. Each Sunday I get an opportunity to pass or to bless the sacrament. I also get to train the recent converts to home teach, and I get to home-teach with them. I also get a chance about once every two months to give a talk in sacrament meeting. As well as all of that I am also serving as the 2nd councilor in the branch presidency (just kidding). Having all of these extra duties helps me to appreciate the fully organized wards and branches back home, where the majority of the church is already trained in these types of things.
   One thing I like about Lugazi is that it is a pretty small area. It's easy to reach most places (we have to walk everywhere), even if it's on the other side of town. It isn't to difficult to reach members homes, and investigators homes, the area is pretty small.
   My weight has stabilized over the last 3 months. I am no longer loosing weight nor am I gaining weight. I average around 205 to 210 pounds. We have a gym near our apartment that we go to on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings, so I've been working out there. If anything I will probably begin to gain some weight back, but this time it will be from building muscle. It's super weird to me that throughout high school I always measured the weight I lifted in pounds, but now I am lifting in Kilograms. I have to make quick calculations in my head to convert kilos into pounds every time I go to lift something.

   Love you guys, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment